Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cold Turkey: Day One

Well, it's 10:12 p.m. and I survived the day with no soda pop, and I drank almost a whole pitcher of water myself. I did have a touch of caffeine, in the form of unsugared iced tea at dinner time, and just a few minutes ago I added about 1/4 cup of kiwi strawberry Snapple to a glass of water because I wanted something with flavor.

But... I did it! I managed to go without the evil ones all day. I had a bit of a headache this afternoon, but I took a nap when Brenya took her nap, and I had an ibuprofen a little later, and now feel pretty good.

Tomorrow will probably be more difficult. We're going to see a movie and it's hard to resist those buckets o'bubbles. However, as expensive as they are, and considering the movie is 2.5 hours, I should be fine, and my bladder grateful. :)

There is supposed to be a heat wave coming (99 on Monday, 101 Tuesday, and 102 Wednesday!) so I'm sure my body will be thankful for more water and less caffeine & sugar.

I snacked on a few generic Oreos today, but I told myself I wasn't going to start worrying about calorie intake so much until after I've had the pop habit kicked for a bit.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment