Monday, July 27, 2009

Cold Turkey Day Two: FAIL

I made through most of the day just fine yesterday, which would have marked the second day of going cold turkey from my beloved and hated soda pop...

David and I took B to her grandparents' house, and then D & I went to see a movie. As we drove to the movie I could feel the familiar beginnings of a migraine: the neck tension, the occasional blurry vision in one eye, the feeling that my brain wasn't quite right.

By halfway through the movie I had a full blown migraine. We had to sit closer to the front than usual, and at the end of the row, so my neck was slightly turned the whole time. By the time we got back to D's parents' house I felt nauseous and the back right side of my skull was throbbing.

While dinner was cooking, we ate a few munchies, and I caved, and partook in the consumption of my favorite soft drink. I decided that going cold turkey was a bad idea.

I could have probably just taken a ton of ibuprofen and hoped for the best but since I didn't want to vomit, I caved. The headache slowly moved from the back of my head to the front, mostly settling in my right eye. My vision was blurry the rest of the night.

So... instead of feeling all sorry for myself and mad that I couldn't even make it 2 days, NEW PLAN:
  • Get a case of pop (cans)
  • Have 2 - and only 2 - per day for 1 week
  • Reduce to 1 -and only 1- per day for the remainder of the case
  • Get a pack of those cute little 8 oz. cans, and switch to those once the 12 oz. cans are gone
  • and THEN quit
I probably should have gone with a plan like this in the first place, but I was hoping that I could just be done with it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment