Friday, August 7, 2009

Curses!!

Oh, dear favorite soda pop. How you torment me.

This is day 3 of having just one can of pop per day, and I'm still a tired lump, and this morning in particular I am resisting the urge to go up to the cafe and buy a delicious, ice-filled soft drink.

I've got my one-can-ration in my lunchbox. It's just waiting there for me.

I want to drink it.

But I also want to wait awhile so I don't use up my ration so early in the day.

I'm kind of embarrassed that quitting this junk is so hard.

In perhaps more positive and/or optimistic news, I received my copy of The Beck Diet Solution yesterday, and did the Day 1 activities. So far it is interesting. It's about retraining your brain with Cognitive Therapy so that you will "learn to think like a thin person", rather than about an eating plan.

Day 1's homework was to review a list of reasons to lose weight (and add a few of your own reasons), then write these reasons in order of importance on a 3"x5" card. Then make a written agreement to read this list two times daily, and to post the list in at least one other place where you'll see it and be reminded to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment