Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week one: a reflection

Well, I survived for over a week with 24 oz. of soda pop per day, only going over my limit on the day my whole family went out to eat. I made the excuse to myself that it was OK because the glass was so full of ice, then proceeded to have 3 glasses of cola. Argh!

That said, I've noticed a few things already in this short amount of time, just having reduced and limited my soda pop intake:
  1. My teeth don't hurt!
  2. I've been sleeping a little bit better
  3. I've been craving other fake sugars LESS
  4. I've been eating more fruit and vegetables
  5. I've been drinking water or milk with dinner instead of pop
Today will mark the first day that I reduce my intake limit yet again, this time to 12 oz., or one can of soda per day.

I will see how I feel after one more week, and then decide if I'm even going to finish the case of pop, or perhaps switch to having one every other day toward the end of the stash.

Last night I brewed some tea to make iced tea with, and before I put the pitcher in the fridge I put a few freshly picked and washed basil leaves in it. It tastes yummy! And the extra flavor means I'm not tempted to add sugar or sweetener. I did buy a box of sweetener packets, however, in case my upcoming attempts at removing further sugar from my life become too much and I need something sweet. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment