Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's a "srump"! (David will catch that reference, I'm sure.)

So...yeah... yesterday (day 1 of the second-phase pop reduction, or SPPR to you tech nerds) I was very tired all day. Today, I am really tired again.

While part of me is saying, "Go ahead and crack open a cold one" another part of me is saying, "Save it for later in the day!"

I know it is just another slump... my body getting used to a reduction in both caffeine and sugar intake. I was reading articles yesterday on how bad sugar is for us and how much sugar gets sneaked into just about everything pre-made. Some studies estimate that 25 of our diet is made up of sugar! Holy moly. Needless to say my tea was served unsweetened last night.

I've been trying to replace my soda pop sugar intake by eating more fruit instead. I slacked a little yesterday, but did have some blueberries with cottage cheese for a midmorning snack. We also had grilled pineapple with our salmon, stir fry & rice dinner (yum!) and I ate a couple bing cherries in the evening instead of opting for ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment